Welcome to San Diego, California!
Whether you are studying, doing research or working here, there should always be spare time to relax, re-energize and have some fun! Entertainment and taking a break are key ingredients for successful results at work or school. San Diego is a special destination with many attractions, from beaches to the oldest city in California.
Next to the ocean:
Don’t let the season fool you! You can enjoy a nice day at the beach year round here, just bring a light jacket. There are so many beaches to visit around the area, these are some of our favorites:
- Tourmaline Surfing Park – This is the beach activity mecca. Surfers, windsurfers and kiteboarders frequent this beach because of the nice waves that form in the ocean. It is not the best place for swimming, but if you are up to trying other ocean sports this might be the right place! For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BBj7Yy
- Mission Beach – Locals and tourists love it. If you enjoy walking on the beach, Mission beach has about 8 miles of sand for it, and if you are not a sand lover, the sidewalk is a great option too (with a view!). For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2jgNWea
- Coronado Beach – Located in Coronado island, next to the famous Coronado Hotel. This beach is beautiful and huge, perfect for strolls, swimming, sunbathing or some frisbee fun. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2kmJpKK
Take your inner-child for some fun at any of these entertainment parks. We promise that you won’t regret it!
- Disneyland – Visit the happiest place on earth with your friends you’ve met through Kapi. Who doesn’t love Disney? For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AqzuYr
- Belmont Park – An amusement park by the beach, do we need to say anything else? Enjoy an amazing ocean view from the top of a roller coaster. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2jihw33
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park – Teletransport to the middle of Africa on the Safari Park experience. It is pretty amazing… If you always wanted to drive around next to wild animals, it’s the place to do it. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AUoFQX
Exploring the city:
If you enjoy walking, sightseeing and taking amazing pictures, you better visit these locations. It will feel like a one day vacation, and it only takes minutes to get there!
- Old Town – Historic, beautiful and fun. Travel to the 1800’s in the birthplace of California, where the first Spanish mission was established. To make it even better, you can find some of the best food in the city here! For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2Aw0dom
- Balboa Park – 1,200 acres of green, arts center, museums, architecture, and shops. Balboa Park has everything to need to have fun. A must-see in the city. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AvmjHB
- Mission Trails Regional Park – If you feel like exploring today, definitely visit this park. It has a beautiful lake, nice views, hiking trails, horseback riding, and plenty recreational areas to enjoy. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2nwwKGf
These shopping malls have it all! Affordable, high-end, food, and fun. You will find anything you need here while enjoying a nice walk.
- Seaport Village – A fun way of shopping. You can alternate between clothing views and ocean views and never get bored here. This mall has 45 specialized stores and dining under the lovely California sun. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2kmcPIL
- Westfield UTC – UTC is the preferred area of UCSD students, so this might be your new favorite shopping center. This huge mall has indoor and outdoor shops, an ice skating area, and delicious dining. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2zRMTI8
- Las Americas Premium Outlet – Prices don’t get better than this. Las Americas has 125 stores with discounts that go up to 80% certain times of the year. It’s worth visiting! For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2jhrCRy
For those weekends when you feel like going away, you don’t have to go that far! Orange County is located centrally and close to these amazing destinations. Just pack a small bag, get your friends and let the fun begin!
- Las Vegas – What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! This city is known for the infinite options for fun and the incredible live shows. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2iahIAw
- Santa Barbara – A Spanish style city in California. This gorgeous city has beautiful buildings, beaches, pier, palm trees and great wineries not far away. Take a weekend off for relaxation at this ideal location. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AAtRJC
- Big Bear Lake – This mountain area is beautiful all year round, especially during the winter after it snows. Rent a cottage with your roommates and enjoy a snowboarding or tubing adventure in California. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2Brhk87